Mr. Matthew Carlson
7th Grade Highlights
- Deepen and strengthen their relationship with God through prayer, reflection, and thorough understanding of the Church and the Catholic faith daily in Religion class as well as lead the entire school in weekly school Mass multiple times throughout the school year and Stations of the Cross during the Lenten Season.
- Acquire and build skills in organization, self-discipline, balance with school and extracurricular activities, accountability for one’s actions and education, and life-long skills for success.
- Math focuses on Algebra I skills and Biology is taught in science, so that students may enter high school ready for AP Geometry and AP Biology as a freshman.
- Participate in essay contests, speech contests, school-wide Geography Bee and Spelling Bee.
- Special classes include Health, PE, Technology, Art, Library, Band and Choir
- School sports include Soccer, Cross Country, Girls’ Volleyball, and Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball
- Can hold office positions on Student Council, such as Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chaplain, and Class Representative.
- Begin fundraising for their 8th Grade Catalina Trip by working at various school functions such as the SFDA Christmas Craft Bazaar and serving at the Blue and White Banquet.
- Attend the Catholic School Mass with the Bishops of the Diocese of Phoenix during Catholic School’s Week.
- Participate in Annual All-School Sacred Christmas Musical as well as work behind the scenes as stage crew and class runners.